Certain foods can cause major problems with your drains by clogging them up. Keep your drains and your kitchen in tip top shape by remembering not to pour these things down the drain (even if you have a garbage disposal!)
1. Cooking oils (this includes mayo and salad dressings that have a high oil content!)
2. Butter and Margarine
3. Grease and other Fats
4. Egg Shells (look into composting these!)
5. Coffee Grounds
9. Produce Stickers
These ingredients may seem harmless but overtime they can get sticky and create residues and build up that can cause some serious havoc in your pipes! Keep your kitchen ready for healthy cooking with these tips!
Apple Coffee Cake
• 5 cups apple (tart, cored, peeled, and chopped)
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup raisins (dark)
• 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 egg (beaten)
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly oil a 13x9x2 inch pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans; mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg. Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time, just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
Turn batter into pan. Bake 35-40 minutes