RESIDENTS ASKED TO FOLLOW EMERGENCY PLAN, PLAN AIMS TO REDUCE EXPECTED CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 CASES
As of Monday morning, March 16, 2020, there were no known positive cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Comanche County. In order to be prepared for an increased number of cases in the region, Comanche County Medical Center, in conjunction with Comanche County, has prepared a plan to be followed by all residents of the County. The plan takes effect when the first positive patient is reported. To help “flatten the curve” of coronavirus infection and provide needed care to the sick, the steps outlined as follows will help identify and isolate patients who are presumed positive or are confirmed cases of COVID-19.
ALL RESIDENTS are asked to follow these steps:
1. If a resident feels s/he or a loved one may be infected with COVID-19, s/he should call the designated hotline telephone number set up by CCMC to provide initial coronavirus infection screening by telephone.
2. The hotline number to call is: 254-879-4999.
3. Each resident calling will be asked travel, exposure and symptom questions, and then will be instructed on how to proceed.
4. Based on the results of the tele-screening, a resident may be instructed to drive to a triage site in Comanche (to be announced). At this site health care workers will further screen and assess the resident’s condition and determine the level of care or testing needed.
5. Some residents will be directed to return straight home, use self-care and prescribed therapies, and remain under quarantine.
6. Residents needing more emergent care will be instructed to go to the CCMC Emergency Room.
7. If a resident requires urgent care admission for presumed coronavirus infection, s/he will be transported to a designated facility exclusively provisioned for COVID-19 patients and staffed by health care workers.
The building will be in Comanche, but final details are forthcoming.
Residents are encouraged to add the hotline number to their contacts, and let other residents know who may not be aware of the plan, hotline and CCMC’s procedures for screening.
More updates to come.