By Jo Ann Hohertz, R.P.A., C.C.A., Chief Appraiser
1. You may receive a letter from a company wanting to charge $45 to help file a Homestead. This is a FREE service available at the CCAD office all you need is your driver’s license and the address on driver’s license must match the property address.
2. You may receive a letter from a company wanting to charge $86 for a current grant deed and property assessment profile. This is information that is available at the county clerk’s office, county tax office and the CCAD office. Check with each office for the charges associated with obtaining this information.
New-updated property tax information and upcoming deadline for all taxpayers:
“Whether you are a homeowner, business owner, disabled veteran or property owner, it’s important you know your rights concerning the property tax laws.”
RENDITIONS are the forms for business owners to record an opinion of their tangible personal property value and are required by state law. The appraisal district uses this information to help set property values on taxable inventory, furniture and fixtures, machinery and equipment, vehicles and other property owned or managed as of January 1. If you closed a business last year, please contact our office and let us know. Renditions help the appraisal district appraise business personal property fairly and accurately. A 10% penalty enacted by the Legislature will be imposed if you fail to timely file a rendition. ALL renditions in Comanche County are due by April 15th. Business owners who need more time may file a written request by the April 15th deadline for an extension to May 15th. The Public Service Ad published in this paper gives more information on “RENDERING”.
• Business Renditions are due by April 15th
• Homestead Exemption Applications are due before May 1
• Agricultural Applications, Wildlife Management Plans & Wildlife Annual Reports are due before May 1
• Non-profits, Tax Abatements, “Freeport”, and Pollution Control Exemptions are due before May 1
• Disaster Exemptions are due by May 28th
Comanche Central Appraisal District (CCAD) has opened ONLY the lobby door until further notice to keep our customers and employees healthy. We will continue to do our best for the citizens of Comanche County within the confines of the law. However, the staff encourages you to continue using the no-contact methods listed below.
Comanche Central Appraisal District; Drop-Mail: 8 Huett Circle, Comanche, TX 76442, E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: 325-356-5253, Fax:325-356-1363